Thoroughfare Master Plan
The purpose of the thoroughfare master plan is to guide the development of transportation infrastructure in a way that preserves right of way and improves connectivity and accommodates growth in Victoria.
In June, the city released a request for qualified consultants (RFQ) for the update to the TMP. Alliance Transportation Group, Inc., (ATG) was selected as the most qualified consultant. The TMP is funded by the Victoria Metropolitan Planning Organization’s grant funds and the City’s general fund and is $100,000. The anticipated date of completion is June 2021.
The Thoroughfare Master Plan (TMP):
- Is a document that applies public involvement techniques to guide the development and implementation of a balanced, multi-modal transportation infrastructure to best serve the needs of the community
- Will describe a network that preserves right-of-way (ROW), improves connectivity, and accommodates growth for Victoria
Virtual Public Open House
Join the City of Victoria on Thursday, March 4, 2021, for the first Virtual Public Open House on the update to the City's Thoroughfare Master Plan (TMP). The Virtual Public Open House will be a forum for the City and our consultants to facilitate discussion surrounding the long-range transportation plan of Victoria, address questions or comments regarding the transportation network, and engage members of the community in topical transportation discussion.
The City will hold two Virtual Public Open Houses for the TMP, one at 12:00 PM and one at 5:00 PM on Thursday, March 4, 2021. More information on the City of Victoria's Virtual Public Open House for the Thoroughfare Master Plan can be found by clicking on the provided hyperlinks, below.
Virtual Public Open House 12:00 PM Thursday, March 4, 2021:
Zoom Meeting Link | Zoom Password: 222706
Virtual Public Open House 5:00 PM Thursday, March 4, 2021:
Zoom Meeting Link | Zoom Password: 286655
Alliance Transportation Group (ATG)
John Johnston, P.E., CFM, Lisa Cortinas, Kevin Sanderson, Robert "Tracy" Fox, Michael Brozozwski, P.E., Michael Petro, P.E., Celeste Menchaca
|Technical Steering Committee||X||X||X||X|
- Residents can discuss thoroughfare master plan at open houses
- Learn more about the transportation master plan, open houses
- City asks for input about roadways, transportation
- City moves forward with master plans @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
If you have questions or would like to receive information about future events or activities, please contact Development Services at (361) 485-3360.