What is E-Court?
E-Court Appearance allows defendants to dispose of eligible cases (see the following eligibility requirements) via a video conference with the judge through the use of Zoom either on your computer or mobile device. You can access court proceedings via live stream on Youtube. Please click here to access the live streaming of court sessions.
Attending an E-Court Appearance allows the defendant to:
- Enter a plea of not guilty and request a trial by a judge or trial by jury. Notice of your scheduled trial date will be sent to you for a later date to be determined by the court. Public safety for scheduling will be our Number One focus.
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the E-Court Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety courses, or deferred disposition.
- Request an extension of the due dates established by a previous judgment.
- Seek resolution of outstanding City of Victoria Municipal Court warrants.
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- A fast and stable internet connection.
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in camera on your device will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
- A microphone connected or built-in mic that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you.
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
All cases are now set for in-person dockets. If you would like to appear for your docket through the E-Court platform, you must notify the court that you are choosing to appear remotely instead of in-person. You may attend remotely by following the link below for your scheduled appearance:
- October 6, 2021 at 10:00 am (Dog Hearing)
- October 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Bench Trial)
- October 7, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Show Cause Docket)
- October 18, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Summons Docket)
- October 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Summons Docket)
- October 21, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Arraignment Docket)
- October 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Juvenile Docket)
- October 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm (Arraignment Docket)
E-Court Appearance will be available on Saturday, October 23 at 9:00 am, Monday, October 25th at 1:00 pm, Monday, November 29 at 1:00 pm, or Monday, December 13 at 1:00 pm. No appointment is necessary, simply join the E-Court Zoom and type in the Meeting ID Number.
Meeting ID: 361-485-3050
PLEASE NOTE: While the Court will make every effort to dispose of your case(s) via E-Court, unfortunately, that may not be possible in all circumstances.