What all can animal control respond to?

Animal Control responds to a variety of concerns. Some of the concerns are listed below:

  • Abuse/Abandoned/Neglect/Cruelty to animals
  • Aggressive animals
  • Animals trapped in live traps
  • Animals in vehicles
  • Animal bites
  • Assist Police Officers
  • Barking dogs
  • Dead animals
  • Loose dogs
  • Loose livestock
  • Report of wild animals such as bats, raccoons, skunk, or snakes inside business establishment or residential area
  • Request for immediate euthanasia of ill or injured animals
  • Surrender of animals

For information regarding any of the above concerns, please contact Victoria County Animal Control at (361) 578-3564. 

Show All Answers

1. What are my options if I am issued a citation?
2. Where can I find laws for Animal violations?
3. How do I report a dog bite or attack?
4. What happens if I received a citation and I am not the owner of the pet or animal?
5. What all can animal control respond to?
6. How will I be notified if I am issued a citation?
7. Where do I get a copy of a Police Report from a dog bite or incident that occurred within city limits?
8. Who does Animal Control report to?
9. I contacted Victoria County Animal Control and they are not able to issue a citation. What are my other options?