I need help with a legal issue. Can the City Attorney help me?

No. The City Attorney does not represent individuals in private legal matters. Attorneys in the office only represent City officials, departments, agencies, and employees in the course of their official acts or business. For general questions or if seeking legal representation, please call the Texas Bar Association at 1-800-252-9690. Additionally, you may be able to obtain free legal services through the Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid – Victoria Office by visiting www.TexasLawHelp.org .

Show All Answers

1. Where is your office located and what is your mailing address?
2. Is the Mayor’s office in City Hall?
3. How can I speak to Council?
4. I need help with a legal issue. Can the City Attorney help me?
5. How can I get a copy of the City of Victoria Municipal Code?
6. Can the City’s Municipal Code be changed?
7. Can I make changes to City Code?
8. What does the prosecuting attorney do?
9. Does the prosecutor represent me in Court?
10. How can I get information about a citation I received or information about my court case?
11. How can I file a claim against the City?
12. Who do I call to report a possible crime or City code violation?
13. What is the difference between the City Attorney and the District Attorney?