Checkouts & Renewals
For more information, contact the Service Desk by phone at 361-485-3301.
- Victoria County users may borrow up to 50 items total.
- Most Library materials are loaned for 3 weeks.
- E-readers, iPads and laptops are for in-library use only.
- Failure to pay accrued fines and fees may result in the borrower’s account being turned over to the City of Victoria Municipal Court.
- Renewals will be made only if the item is not on hold for another library user.
- Some items cannot be renewed.
Loan Limits, Fines & Fees
|Media||Limit per Person||Renewals Allowed|
|Magazines||5 per section||1|
|Vertical File||10 items||1|
|Multimedia||3 per adult||1|
|Books on CD||10||1|
|E-readers, iPads and Laptops||1 device||0|
Renew material loans at the Service desk, by text, phone, or online.
Renewal by Phone
To renew by phone, call the Service Desk at 361-485-3301. You will be asked to provide your library card number or driver's license number.
With the online automated system you can:
- Review items on loan or overdue
- Renew items on loan once with certain restrictions:
- They must not be overdue;
- You must not have fines on your library account;
- And the item does not have a waiting or hold list.
To renew online, go to the Victoria Public Library Catalog page and login with your library card number and PIN in the upper right corner.
Library materials can be returned inside the building during library hours, or anytime at one of our book drops.
Book Drop Locations
Book drops are located:
- Inside the Victoria Public Library near the Service Desk
- Outside the Library on the Main Street side
- Victoria County Health Department on Airline Road side
- At the Victoria Mall on Navarro (side by Red Lobster)