Checkouts & Renewals
For more information, contact Circulation Services by phone at 361-485-3301.
- Most Library materials are loaned for 3 weeks.
- All DVDs are loaned for 2 weeks.
- E-readers, iPads and laptops are for in-library use only.
- Failure to pay accrued fines and fees may result in the borrower’s account being turned over to the City of Victoria Municipal Court.
- Renewals will be made only if the item is not on hold for another library user.
- Some items cannot be renewed.
Loan Limits, Fines & Fees
|Media||Limit per Person||Renewals Allowed|
|Books||10 per section||1|
|Magazines||5 per section||1|
|Vertical File||10 items||1|
|Multimedia||3 per adult||1|
|Books on CD||10||1|
|E-readers, iPads and Laptops||1 device||0|
Renew material loans at the circulation desk, by phone, or online.
Renewal by Phone
To renew by phone, dial 361-572-6660 and follow the prompts. You will be asked to input your library card number.
With the online automated system you can:
- Review items on loan or overdue
- Renew items on loan once with certain restrictions:
- They must not be overdue;
- You must not have fines on your library account;
- And the item does not have a waiting or hold list.
To renew online, go to the My Account page and follow the instructions. You must have an account and pin number set up to access your account.
Library materials can be returned inside the main library when open or at any of our book drops.
Book Drop Locations
Book drops are located:
- Inside the Victoria Public Library near the Checkout desk
- Outside the Library on the Main Street side
- At the Victoria County Health Department on Airline Road side
- At the Victoria Mall on Navarro (side by Sears)